Super Straford's blog

The place to be when you want to learn

Year 5 SD Working Hard at Home

on March 27, 2020

For the past 3 weeks, 5SD has been learning from home. We have all found it to be a new and at times challenging way to learn, however with resilience and connectedness, we are able to achieve anything. Here is a clip of the children (and one puppy) hard at it!

8 Responses to “Year 5 SD Working Hard at Home”

1. mollywcbgs says:

Hi Mrs Straford,
    Love it!
    Have a good holiday.
    Molly 😜

2. Gabby says:

That Was great! Loved the puppy. Happy Holidays Everyone💕👍✌️🤪

3. caelicbgs says:

Love it
    Happy holidays

4. Linda J says:

Hi from Australia, 5 SD

It’s great to see you all working happily from home on many different tasks.

As a Teacher Librarian, I also loved seeing all the different books you are reading, including some of the titles we have over here, in Australia.

Currently, I am enjoying a bit more time to read and love to read books written for children too, as there are so many great authors around. I wonder what your favourite books are at the moment. Maybe you could share some suggestions?

LindaJ #STUBC commenter.

• angelastraford says:

Hi Linda,
      We are a class in Melbourne, Australia! 5SD has been online learning for 3 weeks so we wanted to share how we are going. Where are you from in Australia?
      Mrs. Straford

5. Karen Scott says:

Hello again!

I see that you are a teacher, not a student! Didn’t realize that when I commented on your avatar! Love the video! Your students are lucky to have such a creative teacher.

Good luck with the online learning. In America, we are struggling to figure things out, but we are working hard!

Karen Scott

• angelastraford says:

Hi Karen, Our school is progressing pretty well with our online learning. Our learning management system is called Canvas and it gives us huge scope to teach online. We are on school break for 2 weeks at the moment, however we will be into it again after Easter. Thanks for commenting, let’s keep in touch.
      Angela

6. Naomi says:

Dear 5SD class,

It was so cool seeing all of your photos from working at home! My class is also working from home and It’s been a fun experience, but it’s been a little different because I like in the United states! I love all of your photos and hope you are all staying safe and healthy!
    Come check out my posts:

https://kidblog.org/portfolio/bofkelchk7cx7z4a9ey4wpos2/posts

Sincerely, Naomi